“Roughly 40 to 60 percent of small businesses never reopen their doors following a disaster.”
If there was a natural disaster and the office destroyed (including a home office), is your business prepared enough to survive? We have our disaster kits ready, but what about our businesses?
40 to 60 percent of small businesses never reopen their doors following a disaster. That is a very sobering statistic. We worked hard to grow our business, I don’t want to be a part of that percentage, so I wanted to make sure we had what we needed in place.
How much is stored in your home office or other office that would be totally unusable if it got wet or burned?
- There was all the information and data on all of your computers; how could that ever be reconstructed? Could it be lost forever?
- Is backing up to an external hard drive beside the computer enough or is there something safer?
- Where are the passwords to the online accounts? Bank accounts? Credit card accounts?
- Where is all the insurance information – building? Auto? Medical? For the Employees?
- How about all the serial numbers, model numbers of all the equipment?
The great news is, there are ways to prepare businesses so a disaster does not destroy it.
Here are some great links to get you started on your Business disaster plan:
HOWEVER, preparing for disaster isn’t just for businesses. How much you have on your personal home computer? When disaster strikes, of course the first thought is about your family’s safety, not your desktop or laptop. You can prepare right now and it’s relatively cheap …. Backup your home photos, data and videos into the clouds.
Some online companies will automatically back up your personal computer system onto their servers. It’s safe and dependable. External hard drives are good, but usually, it’s sitting on top of your desktop. If one goes, they both go …. This link will help you choose which is best for your situation.
Now IS the time, before the next big storm – or wild fire – hits.
Looking for more home & real estate tips and ideas? Check out more blog posts on our Spring Bengzten Realty Group Blog!! Also, follow us on Facebook!! We post local activities, homeowner tips and much much more!!